Click on the link below to view the article.
Author: B. Arunakumari
Place: Nijagal, Nelamangala, Bangalore Rurual
The author has given details about the history of Nijagal, the temples and fort. The earliest inscription available is of Hoysala period 1288 AD. Nijagal was a prominent town in Vijayanagara and Mysore dynasties. There are inscriptions which mention the donations made by Mysore Wodeyars to the temples of Nijagal. According to an inscription at this place, the present structure of the fort was built in 1698 by Bilugile Dasarajaiah during the reign of Chikka Devaraja Wodeyar.